Wednesday 21 April 2021

Peaches


 Another autumn and another mass gift of peaches. Black boy peaches from previously mentioned friend and normal peaches from my inlaws. 


Another year of "what shall I do with this lot?"

We're not eating bottled peaches any more than we have previously. I think we've eaten one bottle in the past year. We're still well overstocked with jams and jellies. Even after a summer of renovations and making scones with jam and cream for lunches.

We are out of crumbles in the freezer. So I decided on peach crumbles using this previous recipe. We are also out of fruit leather, so I will use the black boy peaches for that. 

I still had plenty of peaches left over after making several peach crumbles so I decided to try drying them.

They were washed, stones removed and cut into fairly thin slices before being laid out on dehydrator trays.  They dried fairly quickly and taste great. I managed quite a good yield from them.

I've kept enough for us and the rest will go for snacks for the grandchildren.


No comments:

Post a Comment