Sunday 10 October 2021

My Barren Vege Garden

 Gosh, that sounds a bit dramatic doesn't it.

My garden isn't actually barren, it just looks that way right now. 

I've cleared probably four times as much ground area as I had done last week. I've layered beds with lawn clippings, mulch and manure. I've made lovely paths, also with mulch. I've shifted pots, driven posts and with Hubby's help, shifted a large concrete water trough. 




I have boxes and boxes of seeds. Some were left behind by the people we bought this place from, some were ours. Every year I think I get this idea that I'm going to start some veges from seed, some years I even do it, but who can seriously resist the 3 6-cell vege plant punnets for $12 that you find in hardware stores at this time of year. 

I decided this year, I would use this seed. If it grows, great, if not, I haven't really lost anything. To be clear, one of the packets of seed I emptied this week was "good for growing season 2000". Most are more recent than that, if not always by much. 

The down side is, since I've planted out so much seed, there's nothing to see yet. There's nothing to cluck and fuss over, nothing to tidy or check. 

For the most part, I look at my garden and it seems like a barren wasteland of mulch, posts and planters.

No comments:

Post a Comment