Saturday 16 October 2021

My Puntastic Vege Garden

 As I'm planting lots and lots of seeds, it quickly became clear that some signs were needed, so I could be sure what I'd planted where.

Who wants ordinary signs though? Let's have some fun with them. 

I set a challenge for the spawn to come up with simple and fun vegetable puns for our signs. Normally, my son would be all over anything to do with puns, autistic kids are very talented at them, but this time it was the oldest who contributed the most. 

I also went searching online to see if there was anything we could do with broccoli and cauliflower that wasn't beyond my artistic capabilities (Barack-oli) or needed explanation which misses the point (Broc n Caul - Rock n Roll). But not even punpedia (yes it's a real website, look it up) was much help there.

Three days of gale force winds, torrential rain and snow on the mountain gave me time to start making signs. 

Some are music inspired: 




And some are just wholesome, heartfelt messages for anyone wandering through my garden:




There are still more to come. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment